Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wahsington DC Temple


















My trip to the temple was one I will never forget. I went out to DC with Mick on his business trip and decided to go out to the DC temple which happened to be 45 minutes on the metro train with a 20 minute bus ride. I'll first mention that I was very nervous and apprehensive about going out in a town I was very unfamiliar with. I left for the metro train which happened to be basically just outside our hotel door, very convenient. I had directions from the internet on my travel but when I arrived and got off the train the directions I had to transfer to the bus were wrong and right there and then I thought I had made a bad decision to go on the adventure in an unfamiliar place and I was almost in tears. I asked a few people where to go but with no avail I did not receive good directions and it took me about 20 minutes to finally find the bus I needed, during this time I told myself several times I should probably go back to the hotel.
I got onto the bus and again not really knowing where I was to stop I felt very nervous and scared.
This is when an angel came to reassure me and I felt the hand of God in my life again.The angel was the girl that was sitting behind me on the bus, just out of the blue she asked me if I was going to the Temple and I said YES. How would she have known I was not dressed to go to the Temple nor did I have temple clothes with me,
It was our loving Heavenly Father. She (Amanda) was very kind and helpful in getting me there and making me feel comfortable and calm.
The Temple was amazingly beautiful. When I arrived I felt a peace I had not felt just a couple hours prior to arriving. God's hand is in our lives when we need him, just at the time I needed it the peace came and it was through one of his servants. It does not to be a big grandiose experience to feel God's hand in your life its the little things that you can feel loved and watched over.

1 comment:

Calidore said...

That's an awesome experience, thanks so much for sharing it. And good for you for daring to take that great adventure. I'm glad you made it to the temple and enjoyed the spirit there.

;)